In this time of uncertainty right across the world, one thing we can be certain of is that Hahndorf is still a wonderful place and home to dozens of amazing shops and makers.
The traders of Hahndorf are calling on all Adelaideans, Adelaide Hills residents and Hahndorf lovers to support our local village traders.
If you are local and going to venture out for shopping, reconsider visiting the big retailers and indoor shopping centres (many of whom are struggling to keep up with supplies) and come out to support local, family-owned and small businesses.
Rest assured all the Hahndorf traders are taking extra health precautions seriously regarding COVID-19 and we ask that all visitors maintain the 1.5m social distancing advice.
Here’s a list of what you can shop for in Hahndorf and information on businesses trading online.
By all means, this is not a complete list, but we will be adding to it regularly, so please keeping referring back to this article.
There’s meat at our local butcher Max Noske & Son Butchery.
There’s a pharmacy, Australia Post Office, and Newsagency in town and an IGA supermarket.
Wanting to keep entertained and enjoy learning a new skill, maybe grab some art supplies from The PaintBox.
All cafes and restaurants have implemented increased hygiene practices. Some restaurants/cafes are selling ready-made meals and offer takeaway. Click here for the full list.
If you are in the market for a few new autumn-winter clothing many of our fashion retailers are offering one-to-one shopping instore (like a celebrity with the shop to yourself) to pick up that winter jacket you need now the weather is getting cooler. Check out these fashion retailers via social media or for online shopping:
- The Alpaca Shop Hahndorf
- Bags Direct Market Outlet – Hahndorf
- Birkenstock In The Hills
- Blue Belle Boutique Hahndorf
- Jack and Sarah
- Julia Hahndorf
- Hahndorf Academy
- Hahndorf Leathersmith and Bush Gallery
- Ophelia Cottage Hahndorf
- Makers Mark Jewellery Studio
- Storison, Hahndorf
- Zest for Fashion
Working from home? Maybe now is the perfect time to reconsider adopting a dog or cat into your family? The Hahndorf Interim Animal Shelter has many who would love a good home and lots of cuddles. Furry friends improve quality of life and on an emotional level, owning a pet can decrease depression, stress and anxiety; health-wise, it can lower your blood pressure, improve your immunity, not to mention keep you from feeling lonely.
If you need to self-isolate and get away from it all, consider coming to stay at one of our accommodation providers. Visit listings here.
Closed until further notice:
- The Cedars >> online
- The Blacksmith Cafe
- The BIG 4 Hahndorf Resort
- Decor Matters > online
- Hahndorf Knifeshop
- Harris Smokehouse
- The German Arms
- The Hahndorf Inn
- The Adelaide Hills Wine Centre
- Beerenberg Farm Shop >> online
- Boho Gypsy Belle
- The Kings Table
- Heraldry Cottage Hahndorf
- Camellia Country Cottage
- Coco Marie
- Somerled Cellar Bar >> online
- Landhaus Cellar Door >> online
- La Prova Wines >> online
- The Lane Vineyard >> online
- Hahndorf Hil Winery >> online
- Sidewood Estate Cellar Door >> online
- Gulf Brewery >> online
- Artisan Delights
- Bean & Bikkie Co >> online
- Gourmet House Chinese
- Panda Tea Bar
- Royal Copenhagen
- The White House
- Wunderbar Dog Haus
- Hahndorf Farm Barn
- The Katze of Hahndorf
- Rilka’s Real Food Cooking School
- Hahndorf Academy >> online
- Wolf Blass Gallery & Museum
- Christian Care & Share Op Shop
- Pop Up Shop
- Bamfurlong Fine Crafts
- Fairy Garden >> online
- Gallery Gifts Hahndorf >> online
- Heraldry Cottage Hahndorf
- Makers Mark Jewellery Studio >> online
- Storison of Hahndorf
- Hahndorf Soap Factory >> online
- Bags Direct Market Outlet >> online
- Birkenstock in the Hills >> online
- Adelaide Hills Convention Centre
- C3 Church Adelaide Hills >> online
- Hahndorf Bowling Club
- Evercream Ye Olde Icecreamery
- Arcobräu Brauhaus
As a community, we urge you to take care of yourselves, your family, your friends and continue to practice good general hygiene habits.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay home for the safety of others.
If you know of any other news from Hahndorf or are a Hahndorf business and would like to be included in this article, please email Hahndorf Marketing Manager, Mikyla Gilbert