In this time of uncertainty right across the world, one thing we can be certain of is that Hahndorf is still a wonderful place and home to dozens of amazing shops and makers.
The traders of Hahndorf are calling on all Adelaideans, Adelaide Hills residents and Hahndorf lovers to support our local village traders.
If you are local and going to venture out for essential shopping, reconsider visiting the big retailers and indoor shopping centres (many of whom are struggling to keep up with supplies) and come out to support local, family-owned and small businesses.
Rest assured all the Hahndorf traders are taking extra health precautions seriously regarding COVID-19 and we ask that all visitors maintain the 1.5m social distancing advice.
Here’s a list of what you can shop for in Hahndorf and information on businesses trading online.
By all means, this is not a complete list, but we will be adding to it regularly, so please keeping referring back to this article.
There’s freshly baked bread, fruit and vegetables and grocery items at Hahndorf Fruit & Veg Market (offering a delivery service to the Hills).
There’s meat at our local butcher Max Noske & Son Butchery.
There’s a pharmacy, Australia Post Office, and an IGA supermarket.
Need soap or hand sanitiser, visit Hahndorf Soap Factory and Storisons who have a wonderful selection of soaps. Beeswax Natural Health & Harmony and Coco Marie have handmade hand sanitiser available too.
MASK UP FOR TAKEAWAY
All cafes and restaurants have implemented increased hygiene practices. Some restaurants/cafes are selling ready-made meals and offer takeaway.
Bean & Bikkie Co
Hahn & Hamlin
If you are in the market for a few WARM winter clothing many of our fashion retailers are offering click and collect and social media shopping.
Check out these fashion retailers via social media or for online shopping:
- The Alpaca Shop Hahndorf
- Bags Direct Market Outlet – Hahndorf
- Birkenstock In The Hills
- Blue Belle Boutique Hahndorf
- Colour Door
- Jack and Sarah
- The Clothing Palette
- Gone Bush Boot & Clothing Co
- Hahndorf Academy
- Hahndorf Leathersmith and Bush Gallery
- Ophelia Cottage Hahndorf
- Zest for Fashion
Closed until further notice:
- The Cedars >> online
- The Haus
- The Blacksmith Cafe
- Blackcherry Hahndorf
- Kitchen 2C
- The BIG 4 Hahndorf Resort
- Decor Dreams >> online
- Hahndorf Knifeshop >> online
- The German Arms
- Ottos Bakery
- The Hahndorf Inn
- Beerenberg Farm Shop >> online
- Boho Gypsy Belle
- Heraldry Cottage Hahndorf >> online
- Camellia Country Cottage
- Coco Marie >> online
- Somerled Cellar Bar >> online
- Landhaus Cellar Door >> online
- La Prova Wines >> online
- The Lane Vineyard >> online
- Hahndorf Hil Winery >> online
- Sidewood Estate Cellar Door >> online
- Gulf Brewery >> online
- Bean & Bikkie Co >> online
- Gourmet House Chinese
- The White House
- Wunderbar Dog Haus
- Hahndorf Farm Barn
- Hahndorf Academy >> online
- Wolf Blass Gallery & Museum
- Christian Care & Share Op Shop
- Bamfurlong Fine Crafts
- Fairy Garden >> online
- Gallery Gifts Hahndorf >> online
- Storison of Hahndorf
- Hahndorf Soap Factory >> online
- Bags Direct Market Outlet >> online
- Birkenstock in the Hills >> online
- Adelaide Hills Convention Centre
- C3 Church Adelaide Hills >> online
- Evercream Ye Olde Icecreamery
- Arcobräu Brauhaus
As a community, we urge you to take care of yourselves, your family, your friends and continue to practice good general hygiene habits.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay home for the safety of others.
If you know of any other news from Hahndorf or are a Hahndorf business and would like to be included in this article, please email Hahndorf Marketing Manager, Mikyla Gilbert